What does it mean to ‘serve others’??
What is serving others all about?
Why do we serve others? How can we serve?
Why do we serve others?
We serve others to show our heart and love for people…
to encourage one another and build each other up.
How can we serve?
Serving Others is an important part of the Christian life and there are many ways we can serve others. One way is to send a special card to someone, letting them know you are thinking of them. Below are some other suggestions on things you can do to serve.
- Give without expecting anything in return (to your local church, food pantry, Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.)
- Prayfor someone
- Read to someone who is shut in (possibly the Bible)
- Send a special card to someone letting them know you’re thinking of them. (There are lonely, discouraged people all around us who would love a cheerful note. )
- Bake some cookies or bread for others
- Visit and spend time with someone (assisted living and nursing homes have many lonely people)
- Reach out to a neighbor in need. (Every neighborhood has people or families in need, from elderly or handicapped shut-ins to struggling single-parent households.)
- Serve at a local soup kitchen or food bank. …
- Donate blood. …
- Volunteer at the local animal shelter, rescue group, or humane society. (many of these shelters and rescue organizations need much help.)
We can all make a difference in changing and improving the lives of others.
Serving can be as simple as sending a greeting card. A special card can…
- be an encouragement to someone
- say thank you
- be an acknowledgement of an event or action
- act as a remembrance
- let someone know you are thinking of them
There is a positive impact on a person when they receive a card and know someone is thinking of them.